Reading & Literature
· Phonics instruction applied to character-building .
· Literature, i.e. Christian Liberty Press.
· Grammar, Handwriting, & Spelling.
· Excellence in written and spoken skills.
· Mastery of basic skills to insure foundations for higher math, i.e. Singapore and Saxon Math.
Geography, History, US Government
· Focusing on Virginia’s and America’s founding to the present, privileges and responsibilities toward God and fellow man, and self-government.
· Of biology, chemistry, physics and earth science basis, as they reflect God’s hand in creation, i.e. BJU Press, Apologia.
· Practical application of the Word of God, prayer, Bible reading, verse memorization, Christian songs and hymns.
· Offered twice daily for all ages to exhilarate muscles, build skills and coordination, and decrease the felt need for society’s popular artificial inhibitors.
· The following are possible electives for the 2012-2013 academic year: architectural drawing, art, carpentry, choir, cooking, driver’s education, etiquette, gardening, instrumental music, easy mechanics, needle crafts, sewing, sign language, tutoring, and woodworking.
Frequent Field Trips
· Taking classroom studies into the community, region, and the Commonwealth of Virginia, to enhance perception and appreciation for God’s world.